Strange Laws in Ontario
- It’s Illegal to whistle in Petrolia, Ontario. According to the town’s website, “Yelling, shouting, hooting, whistling or singing is prohibited at all times.”
- It’s illegal to attach a siren to your bike in Sudbury.
- In Toronto, it is illegal to swear in a public park.
- If you don’t pay your hotel bill in Ontario, the hotel can legally sell your horse.
- In Oshawa, it is against the law to climb a tree.
- Purple garage doors are against the law in Kanata, Ontario.
- Don’t try getting all fancy on your bike in Ottawa because taking your feet of the pedals while riding is illegal.
- Don’t swear at your mother in public in Toronto…you could get arrested.
- It is against the law to eat ice cream on Bank Street on a Sunday while in Ottawa.
- In Ontario, it’s illegal to drive your sleigh on the highway without at least two bells attached to the harness of your horse.
- In Etobicoke, Ontario it’s illegal to have more than 3.5 inches of water in a bathtub.
- In Uxbridge, Ontario it’s illegal to have an Internet connection faster than 56K.
- You could be arrested if you drag a dead horse down Toronto’s Yonge Street on Sundays.
BONUS! Strange laws in Canada:
- According to current Canadian law “Everyone commits an offense who…makes, prints, publishes, distributes, sells or has in his possession for the purpose of publication, distribution or circulation a crime comic.”
- In Canada it is illegal to challenge someone to a duel or accept an invitation to a duel.
- Do not try to scare the Queen in Canada, unless you want to be arrested.
- It is illegal to remove a band aid in public in Canada
- “Offending a place with a bad smell” is illegal under the criminal code in all of Canada.